What’s the best carpet flooring for homes with pets?
You don’t have to deprive yourself of the elegant and luxurious beauty of carpeting just for Fido or FiFi’s sake; in fact, they’ll love it because it offers a warm, soft place for naptime.
You can easily find something that suits both people and pets. Just narrow your search to rugs that will best stand up to the wear and tear.
Rugs these days have extra durability and stain resistance
Most also have pet-friendly warranties. Some are even tested in animal cages before they come to market.
When you come into our carpet store, you'll see versions from companies like Mohawk, Karastan, Dixie Home, Aladdin Commercial, and more. All are beautiful, functional, and affordable.
The five characteristics of a pet-friendly carpet
1. Durability. You’ll want a soft surface floor covering that withstands chewing, digging, scratching, and whatever your animal dishes out.
2. Stain resistance. While we all want to think our pets are perfectly trained, sometimes accidents happen, so stain resistance is necessary.
3. Easy Care. Pets drool, spill food, shed, knock things over and drag in dirt from the outside.
4. Sound absorption. Animals meow, bark, whine, run, and even are heavy on their feet. We know an eight-pound cat that sounds like an elephant stomping down the stairs.
5. Good traction. Carpeting is slip-resistant, and running animals can slow down to turn corners.
Look at carpet fibers and style
The five most commonly chosen fibers are nylon, polyester, olefin (polypropylene), triexta, and wool. In addition, low pile carpets (residential or commercial) are more durable and easier to clean.
Serving Middle Tennessee for over 44 years
At Carpet Den Interiors, carpet flooring and our products meet strict quality standards. We also offer complimentary design consultations and free estimates.
Our showroom is in Franklin, TN; we work with homeowners and businesses in Nashville, Murfreesboro, Spring Hill, Green Hills, and Mt Juliet.